Sunday, July 17, 2011

Is it wrong to prefer staying home as opposed to trying to make plans with others?

In recent years (my mid to late 30s), I have succumbed to a state of apathy and lethargy, particularly where social interaction is concerned. I have never been one to take an interest in going out for most of my life, but working in customer service and enduring drama between social companions has all but eliminated any desire I have to interact with people in real time. I would just as soon sit at home, drink all I want, play the music I want to hear, and wander around the internet instead of trying to arrange when and where to meet a group of people that may or may not show up, navigate traffic, find parking, avoid fanning fight flames, either drink lightly or not drink at all since I'm driving... It all seems way too complicated when I could just stay put and not really cause any harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment